Home Learning Project
to be used in the event of self-isolation and school closure.
Dear Year 4 parents, carers and children,
Each week, your Year 4 team will be uploading tasks and projects to be completed at home to continue your child's learning, during this unprecedented time. In addition, below, there are also other links that you may wish to use to support your child during this time. Stay well and we all hope to see each other very soon! Please keep in touch by Tweeting us @GreenbankYear4. We would love to see what you are learning outside of school!
4P - Mr Prescott
4R - Mrs Reid
LSA - Mrs Woodward
Here you will find lots of pictures to show you what Year 4 have been getting up to in school, plenty of information regarding their learning, their spellings for each week and some useful websites that provide games and activities to support your child's learning!
Multiplication and Division
Discrete and continuous data
Physics - Electricity
Why were the Romans so powerful and what did we learn from them?
Design and Technology
How can we use recycling to create another product?
Reasoning with 4-digit numbers
Addition and Subtraction
Physics - Electricity
Talk for Writing
- Saucer Sightings (Newspaper Reports) - Tuesday - David Wiesner
- Angles and shape
- Biology - Animals Including Humans (Evaluation skills)
Why is Liverpool such a sound place to live?
- Designing our own interactive toys
How will mosaics improve the look of our school
Things to remember
Creative Week - Liverpool in the early 1960s
During our creative week, Year 4 looked at life in the early 1960s in Liverpool!
- We created a timeline and biography on John Lennon's life.
- We learnt all about musical influences such as The Beatles, Cilla Black and Gerry and the Pacemakers and created an album cover based upon the 1960s styles and designs.
- We compared what children and young people used to do in their spare time then to now.
- We found out about all the different fashion styles in the 1960s, created a moodboard of our favourites, designed a 60s inspired outfit for a doll and made it! Some of our parents and carers even helped us with this during our open day.
-We also created our own fantasy football teams using players from LFC and EFC in the early 1960s.
Year 4 have been focusing on our Value of the Month, Optimism. We took part in a Philosophy for Children enquiry all about the British Value of Optimism and encouraged everyone to share their opinions.
Year 4 2017-2018
During Year 4's trip to the StoryBarn, the children took part in many different activities, including:
- Learning all about different trees (and their super powers)
- Creating their own stories based around a picture book
- Creating Haiku poems about the trees in Calderstones park
- Making a snowman stamp and printing their designs
It's safe to say that they had a pretty amazing time!