4C - Miss Cole
4P - Mr Prescott
LSA - Mrs Woodward
Here you will find lots of pictures to show you what Year 4 have been getting up to in school, plenty of information regarding their learning, their spellings for each week and some useful websites that provide games and activities to support your child's learning!
Our current topics for Spring 1 are...
Talk for Writing
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Portal tale)
- Multiplication facts
- Chemistry: Properties and Changes of Materials
Why is the Amazon rainforest and river so important to us all?
Prayer and Special Places
Programming and e-awareness
What can we take our pizzas home in?
Year 4 have been focusing on our Value of the Month, Optimism. We will take part in a Philosophy for Children enquiry all about the British Value of 'Optimism and encourage children to share their opinions.
Year 4 2017-2018
During Year 4's trip to the StoryBarn, the children took part in many different activities, including:
- Learning all about different trees (and their super powers)
- Creating their own stories based around a picture book
- Creating Haiku poems about the trees in Calderstones park
- Making a snowman stamp and printing their designs
It's safe to say that they had a pretty amazing time!