4C - Miss Cole
4P - Mr Prescott
LSA - Mrs Woodward
Here you will find lots of pictures to show you what Year 4 have been getting up to in school, plenty of information regarding their learning, their spellings for each week and some useful websites that provide games and activities to support your child's learning!
Talk for Writing
- The Teacher Pleaser (Explanation Text)
- Area and Perimeter
- Chemistry: Properties and Changes of Materials
What would you have done after school 100 years ago?
Forgiveness and religion
Programming and e-awareness
What is your favourite kind of pizza?
Things to remember
Creative Week - Liverpool in the early 1960s
During our creative week, Year 4 looked at life in the early 1960s in Liverpool!
- We created a timeline and biography on John Lennon's life.
- We learnt all about musical influences such as The Beatles, Cilla Black and Gerry and the Pacemakers and created an album cover based upon the 1960s styles and designs.
- We compared what children and young people used to do in their spare time then to now.
- We found out about all the different fashion styles in the 1960s, created a moodboard of our favourites, designed a 60s inspired outfit for a doll and made it! Some of our parents and carers even helped us with this during our open day.
-We also created our own fantasy football teams using players from LFC and EFC in the early 1960s.
Year 4 have been focusing on our Value of the Month, Optimism. We took part in a Philosophy for Children enquiry all about the British Value of Optimism and encouraged everyone to share their opinions.
Year 4 2017-2018
During Year 4's trip to the StoryBarn, the children took part in many different activities, including:
- Learning all about different trees (and their super powers)
- Creating their own stories based around a picture book
- Creating Haiku poems about the trees in Calderstones park
- Making a snowman stamp and printing their designs
It's safe to say that they had a pretty amazing time!