Welcome to Greenbank Primary School website.
Greenbank Primary School is a fantastic school. Everyone at Greenbank will expect only the best from our children and we will strive to ensure that only the best is good enough.
We aim to provide a learning environment where all children can achieve their highest potential and to foster a climate where all children, regardless of any differences, are treated equally, feel secure and can grow in confidence and self-esteem.
If you believe it, you can achieve it!
We aim to:
- deliver the curriculum in a confident, positive and structured manner which cater for the individual child. All curriculum areas should be made fun and exciting.
- encourage children to be self-reliant, self-disciplined.
- foster a happy atmosphere in which all children are encouraged to develop responsibility for managing their own behaviour in an appropriate manner to the various situations encountered.
- help children achieve their potential in terms of academic achievement, aesthetic appreciation and spiritual awareness
- provide support for children's basic needs
- encourage children to trust and respect adults and peers involved in their daily routine regardless of gender, race and creed and be aware of the school's anti-prejudice statement as an individual within the school and society - "we do not tolerate discrimination on grounds of sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, language, social class, physical or mental difference"
- encourage children to be tolerant and understanding with respect for the rights, views and property of others
- foster an awareness that each member of staff is a valuable cog in the wheel of education; decision making should be a team effort and personal prejudice should not be allowed to override positive decision making
- help children develop a responsible and independent attitude towards work and their roles in society
- involve the school in the community and work as partners with parents and their following school, also to foster the idea that education does not take place solely within the school
- identify strengths and areas of concern and take action accordingly by committing ourselves to on-going training and development
- encourage parents to have a positive interest, to recognise their value as educators, to be involved as much as possible in a way which is supportive to the staff
- encourage all parties to become actively involved in the Local Management of schools thereby fostering better cooperation
- compile and utilise resources in a manner designed to give the best possible all round education to our children
- fulfil national and local education guidelines.
We are a busy but friendly school, with lots going on. This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils. We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct (details on 'Contact Details' page) with any queries you may have.
If you can't find something or have any suggestions as to what you would like to see on our website, please feel free to send in ideas and thoughts (via your children or the school office) to Mr Wileman (I.C.T. co-ordinator).
Thank you for visiting!